Perfect end of summer torte, so simple to make.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 24 halves pitted purple plum
- sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon for topping
- measuring cups and spoons
- stand mixer (use paddle)
- 9-inch spring from pan
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream sugar and butter in mixer bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Then add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper. Spoon batter into pan.
- Place plum halves, skin side up, on top of batter.
- Sprinkle lightly with sugar and lemon juice. If you like sprinkle on cinnamon too. I left it out.
- Bake 45 minutes or a little more.
Serve with whipped cream.